Data privacy statement of Sensirion Connected Solutions GmbH
1. Scope of application
1.1 Data Privacy Statement
In this Data Privacy Statement Sensirion Connected Solutions GmbH (hereinafter "SCS", "we" or "us") informs you about the processing of personal data within the context of using our web application app.aisight.de (hereinafter "Web App", "Machine Insights Center" or "MIC").
1.2 Personal data
Personal data is any data relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, e.g. name, address and e-mail address. We take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We treat your personal data confidentially and in accordance with the statutory data protection regulations, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter "GDPR").
2. Name and contact details of the data controller and its data protection officer
2.1 Data controller is:
2.2 You can reach our data protection officer at the following contact details:
Dr. Dirk Koehler - Data Protection Officer
3. Personal data processed, purpose and legal basis of processing, legitimate interest pursued and storage period
3.1 Use of our Web App
3.1.1 Personal data processed
We collect and process the following data of users of our Web App (hereinafter "Users"):
- First name
- E-Mail address
- Password, if applicable.
- IP Address
- Authentication information
We process this data exclusively for the purpose of using our Web App.
3.1.2 Legal Basis
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR (performance of the contract for the provision of our services within the scope of the Web App), if we have concluded a contract with the User. In most cases, we process data from Users with whom we have not concluded a contract directly, but who are entitled to use our Web App on the basis of a contract concluded with a customer of ours. In this case, the legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our customers have a legitimate interest in allowing their designated authorized users to use our Web App. Likewise, we have a legitimate interest in enabling persons to whom the customer grants authorization to use our Web App. The processing of the data mentioned in 3.2.1 is necessary for the purpose of authorization of these users.
3.1.3 Storage Period
We store the personal data of Users mentioned in section 3.2.1 for as long as the contract with the User / our customer exists. After that they will be deleted.
3.2.1 Consent via One Trust
3.2.2 Essential Cookies
3.2.3 Marketing Cookies
3.2.4 Cookies for the purpose of statistical analysis
3.2.5 Cookies for securing the functions of our Web App
4. Recipients or categories of recipients
We only disclose the personal data of Users of our Web App to authorized recipients within our company. We do not transfer this data to third parties.
5. Transfer of data to third countries
A transfer of personal data to so-called third countries does not take place.
6. Your rights
As a person affected by data processing (Art. 4 No. 1 GDPR), you have numerous rights vis-à-vis us, which we would like to inform you about in the following. You will also find details on this in Articles 15 to 21 of the GDPR as well as Sections 32 to 37 of the German Federal Data Protection Act. To exercise these rights, please contact us. You can find our contact details in Section 2 of this Data Privacy Statement.
6.1 Right of access
You have the right to receive information from us about whether and what data we process about you. This includes, among other things, information about how long and for what purpose we process the data, where it comes from and to which recipients or categories of recipients we transfer it. In addition, we shall provide you with a copy of this data.
6.2 Right of rectification
You have the right to demand that we correct information about you that is not or no longer accurate without delay. In addition, you can request that we complete your incomplete personal data. If required by law, we will also inform third parties about this correction if we have passed on your data to them.
6.3 Right to erasure ("right to be forgotten")
You have the right to request that we delete your personal data without delay if one of the following reasons applies:
- Your data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed, or the purpose has been achieved;
- You withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- You object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; in the case of the use of personal data for direct marketing, a mere objection by you to the processing is sufficient;
- Your personal data have been processed unlawfully;
- The deletion of your personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation under Union or Member State law to which we are subject. Please note that your right to deletion may be restricted by legal provisions. These include, in particular, the restrictions listed in Article 17 of the GDPR and Section 35 of the German Federal Data Protection Act.
6.4 Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data if one of the following conditions applies:
- You contest the accuracy of your personal data for a period of time that allows us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of personal data and request instead the restriction of the use of your personal data;
- We no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing, but you require them for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims, or
- You have objected to the processing as long as it has not yet been determined whether our legitimate grounds override yours. If you have obtained a restriction on processing in accordance with the above list, we shall inform you before the restriction is lifted.
6.5 Right to withdraw your consent
You may withdraw your consent given to us at any time with effect for the future. This withdrawal can be made in the form of an informal communication to the contact details stated in Sec. 2. If you withdraw your consent, the lawfulness of the data processing carried out up to that point will not be affected.
6.6 Right to data portability
You have the right to receive personal data concerning you and which you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format and to transmit this data to others. Details and restrictions can be found in Art. 20 GDPR. The exercise of this right does not affect your right to deletion.
6.7 Right to complain to the supervisory authority
If you think that the processing of your data by us violates applicable data protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with one of the competent supervisory authorities, i.e. in particular the Berlin data protection and freedom of information officer responsible for us or the respective supervisory authority in the member state of your place of residence, your workplace or the place of the alleged data protection violation.
6.8 Right to object according to Art. 21 GDPR
According to Art. 21 GDPR, you have in particular the right to object to the processing of your data at any time on grounds relating to your particular situation, if we base this processing on legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) f) GDPR. If you object, we will no longer process your personal data, except in two cases:
- We can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or
- The processing serves the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. If we process your personal data for direct advertising, you have the right to object to the processing of your data for the purpose of such advertising at any time. If you object to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer use your personal data for this purpose.
Sensirion Connected Solutions GmbH